NASHVILLE – The State Review Board will meet on Wednesday, September 19, 2012, to examine Tennessee’s proposed nominations to the National Register of Historic Places. Beginning at 9 a.m. (CST), the meeting will be held at the Tennessee Historical Commission, located at 2941 Lebanon Road in Nashville, Tenn.
The Board will vote on eight nominations from across the state. Those nominations that are found to meet the criteria will be sent for final approval to the National Register of Historic Places at the U.S. Department of the Interior.
The nominations are:
- Bedford County: Raus Schoolhouse
- Crockett County: Fruitvale Historic District
- Jefferson County: McFarland-Nichols-Pratt House
- Maury County: Washington Miller House
- Sullivan County: Holston Avenue Neighborhood Historic District
- Williamson County: Franklin City Cemetery, Rest Have Cemetery and Leiper’s Fork Historic District (boundary expansion)
Other business at the meeting will include a progress report on various federal programs, along with the review and re-assessment of the Knies Blacksmith Shop in Franklin County and Montgomery County’s Drane-Foust House for potential removal from the National Register.
The State Review Board is composed of 13 people with backgrounds in American history, architecture, archaeology or related fields. It also includes members representing the public. The National Register program was authorized under the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966. The Tennessee Historical Commission administers the program in Tennessee.
The public is invited to attend the meeting. For additional information, please contact Claudette Stager with the Tennessee Historical Commission at (615) 532-1550, extension 105, or at Claudette.Stager@tn.gov. For more information about the Tennessee Historical Commission, please visit www.tnhistoricalcommission.org.