NASHVILLE, TN – The Joe Carr for Senate campaign today announced the endorsements of Tennessee State Senators Jim Summerville (R-Dickson) and Stacey Campfield (R-Knoxville) and State Representatives Richard Floyd (R-Chattanooga), David Alexander (R-Winchester), and Kelly Keisling (R-Byrdstown).
“Lamar Alexander has chosen to support an amnesty agenda driven by Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and LaRaza at the expense of Tennessee’s working families,” stated Rep. David Alexander on behalf of the group of Legislators. “Look at the growing crisis on our southern border today, and we know exactly where that agenda has gotten us. We need a strong conservative like Joe Carr to go to Washington to do what he has done in the Tennessee State House – fight to enforce the rule of law.”
“I have always believed that this is a campaign that will be won or lost at the grassroots level and to have this kind of support from so many of my colleagues in the State Legislature tells me that something special is happening on the ground here in Tennessee,” said Carr. “Lamar Alexander thinks he can hide from his record, refuse to debate, and that somehow the people here in Tennessee won’t hold him accountable for choosing 11 million illegal immigrants over them – he’s setting himself up for a Dave Brat-like surprise.”
- Senator Summerville represents the 25th Senatorial District covering Cheatham, Dickson, Hickman, Humphreys and Robertson Counties.
- Senator Campfield represents the 7th Senatorial District covering part of Knox County.
- Representative Floyd represents the 27th House District covering part of Hamilton County.
- Representative Alexander represents the 39th House District covering Franklin, Moore and Marion Counties.
- Representative Keisling represents the 38th House District covering Clay County and part of Fentress, Macon, Pickett and Scott Counties.
They join a growing list of TN state legislators who are backing Carr’s bid for Senate. In recent weeks, the campaign has announced the endorsement of:
- Senator Hensley (R-Hohenwald)
- Senator Niceley (R-Strawberry Plains)
- Rep. Hill (R-Jonesborough)
- Rep. Holt (R-Dresden)
- Rep. Sanderson (R-Kenton)
- Rep. Shipley (R-Kingsport)
- Rep. Van Huss (R- Jonesborough)
- Rep. Wirgau (R-Buchanan), Butt (R-Columbia)
- Rep. Matheny (R-Tullahoma)
- Rep. Pody (R-Lebanon)
- Rep. Rogers (R-Goodlettsville)
- Rep. Sparks (R-Smyrna)
- Rep. Spivey (R-Lewisburg)
- Rep. Womick (R-Rockvale)